Seasonal and year-round allergies can make you miserable and over-the-counter aids rarely bring long-lasting relief. You need to see a professional, but how do you know it’s time to make an appointment with an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist instead of an allergist?
When You Should See an ENT Specialist
An ear, nose, and throat specialist is experienced at treating symptoms associated with seasonal and year-round allergies. If you are experiencing one or more of the following symptoms, it’s time to schedule an appointment with Del Rey MD in California.
- Nasal congestion
- Sinus congestion
- Sore throat
- Nasal breathing difficulties
- Raspy voice
- Hearing loss
Our expert team at Del Rey MD can diagnose and create a treatment plan to bring your relief from seasonal allergy symptoms.
Treatment Options for Seasonal Allergies
At Del Rey MD, we offer a variety of treatment options for seasonal allergies. During your consultation with one of our ENT specialist, we will determine which treatment option is the best solution for your unique symptoms. We understand that seasonal allergies are different for everyone and will create a treatment plan with your needs in mind. Some of the common treatments we provide for our clients include the following solutions.
- Nasal sprays: They are the most common and available OTC or with a prescription. Sprays contain steroids to relieve inflammation, antihistamines to block histamine effects, decongestants, and saline.
- Allergy medications: Includes antihistamines, decongestants, mast cell stabilizers (block histamine and leukotriene), steroids to reduce inflammation, and leukotriene modifiers that reduce inflammation and mucous production.
- Allergy shots: These provide immunotherapy by building up your immune system and giving in to your skin’s subcutaneous fat. Think of allergy shots as a vaccine for allergies that slowly build up your immunity over time.
- Immunotherapy: Doctors may prescribe anti-immunoglobulins via IV or injection to reduce the number of antibodies in your immune system that responds to an allergen.
Contact an ENT Specialist at Del Rey MD Today
Contact Del Rey MD online or call one of their California offices at 310-823-4445 to schedule your consultation today!